VEG MOMOS RECIPE
Veg. momos is simple and healthy snack recipe which comes from the traditional Nepali cuisine. Simply, it’s a plain flour based dumplings. They are steam with stuffing of cabbage, carrot and spring onion. It is a popular street food in India which mainly served with a red coloured spicy and watery momos chutney and mayonnaise.
Momos recipe is very common in my home. I use to make it on regularly basis with a wide variety of stuffings. Also sometimes I end up making these cute momos with any leftover dry sabzi.
The recipe for veg momos is very simple and easy to make. Yet there are some tips and suggestions to make it much better. Firstly, you can add any of the vegetables of your choice and ensure to keep it finely chopped.Lastly, you can extend this recipe by deep frying momos in oil. It gives much better taste and are crispier.
PREP TIME:10 MINUTES
COOK TIME:30 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME:40 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 10 SERVINGS
COURSE:INDIAN STREET SNACK
FOOD CUISINE:NEPALI CUISINE
- 1½ cup maida or plain flour
- ½ tbsp salt
- water (for kneading dough)
- 1 tbsp oil (for greasing and smoothing dough)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 4 clove & 3-4 garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium size ginger, finely chopped
- 2 green chilli, finely chopped
- 4 spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrot, grated
- ½ cabbage, chopped
- 1 – ½ tbsp black pepper powder
- ½ tbsp salt
How to make veg momos step by step:-
- Firstly, in a large bowl take 1½ cup maida(plain flour) and ½ tsp salt.
- Add water and knead dough
- Knead it to a smooth and soft dough by adding water as required.
- Grease the dough with oil and rest it for 30 min by keeping it covered and aside.
- During this period prepare stuffing by heating 3 tsp oil and saute clove, garlic, ginger and green chilli in oil.
- Also saute spring onion on high flame.
- Further add carrot and cabbage, and stir fry them.
- Now add salt and pepper.
- Fry it without overcooking vegetables.
- Stuffing mixture is ready.
- After 30 min take the dough and knead it again for a min.
- Now take a small ball of dough.
- Dust some maida and start to roll it using roller.
- Now place the stuffing in the centre of it.
- Start making folds by taking edges slowly and gathers everything.
- Press in middle and seal the momos.
- Put the steamer on heat and arrange the momos on it without touching each other.
- Steam momos for 12-15 min.
- Finally, the veg. momos are ready.
- Enjoy it with momos chutney.