PAV BHAJI RECIPE|EASY MUMBAI STYLE RECIPE
It is a famous dish which comes from Mumbai and which is very popular all over India. Bhaji is a Marathi word use for vegetables or vegetable-based dish (dry or gravy). Since both serve together hence the name came to be “Pav Bhaji”.
It is mainly a mix of mushed & spiced vegetables in a gravy. Pav bhaji masala powder is easily available in shops and it can be easily made at home too.
You can also extend the recipe by adding other veggies like gobhi, carrots, beans and even grated cheddar cheese.
PAV BHAJI RECIPE
- PREP TIME:15 MINUTES
- COOK TIME:30 MINUTES
- TOTAL TIME:45 MINUTES
- SERVINGS: 5 SERVINGS
- COURSE:INDIAN SNACKS
- CUISINE: STREET FOOD(MUMBAI)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tomato, finely chopped
- ¼ cup green peas
- ½ capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 potato, boiled & mashed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ¼ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric (Haldi)
- 1½ tsp pav bhaji masala
- 2 tsp Kasuri methi
- 4 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chop ped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3-3½ tbsp lemon juice
- water to adjust consistency
TO TOAST PAV:
- 10 pav
- 4 tsp butter
- ½ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- ½ tsp pav bhaji masala
- 4 tsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
HOW TO MAKE PAV BHAJI
- Firstly, in a large pan heat 1 tbsp butter and add tomato, green peas,capsicum, boiled potato and salt.
- Saute for 2 minutes. Also, add ½ cup water and mix well.
- Cover the pan and boil it for approx. 10 minutes.
- Mash the vegetables smoothly.
- Now add chilli powder, turmeric, bhaji masala, kasuri methi and coriander leaves. Saute for a minute.
- Place prepared vegetable mixture to sides of pan and create a space at the centre of kadai.
- Heat a tbsp of butter and add chilli powder, bhaji masala and kasuri methi to it.
- Also add coriander leaves, ginger garlic paste, onion and lemon juice to it. Saute it well.
- Further add water as required for consistency.
- Boil and mash it for approx. 5 min at medium flame.
- Now prepare pav by heating a pan and adding 1 tbsp butter, coriander leaves and red chilli powder and little of bhaji masala to it.
- Now cut 2 pav from the centre and roast it from both side with spiced butter.
- Enjoy roasted pav by serving it with bhaji. Garnish it with coriander leaves, grated cheese or paneer, and butter.