RABRI RECIPE|RABDI RECIPE
Rabri is basically evaporated sweet thick milk which prepares by boiling the milk on low flame heat for a long time. While there is not many steps for preparation of rabri, but it is time consuming. In other words, the milk is remain to be boil till it reduces to half and turns thick and creamy.
Also cardamom powder and saffron is added for richness and garnished with lots of dry fruits like almonds, cashews, pistachios. Moreover, the same rabri can be used to make rasmalai dessert recipe.
RABRI OR RABDI RECIPE:-
- PREP TIME:15 MINUTES
- COOK TIME:30-35 MINUTES
- TOTAL TIME:45-50 MINUTES
- SERVINGS: 5 SERVINGS
- COURSE:SWEET DISH
- CUISINE:INDIAN SWEET DISH
- 1 litre full cream milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp saffron milk
- 8 pistachios, chopped
- 6 almonds, chopped
- 12 cashews, chopped
- 4 walnuts, chopped
HOW TO MAKE:
- Firstly, in a large nonstick pan heat fresh cream milk.
- Wait to come it for a boil.
- Stir it occasionally.
- Once the cream is set on surface, stick it to the sides of pan by keeping it on medium flame.
- Further again boil the milk.
- And repeat the sticking of cream at the sides of vessel.
- Repeat the same procedure atleast 5-6 times. or till milk reduces to 1/3.
- Now add sugar.
- Also add saffron milk and cardamom powder to it.
- Give it a mix and let it boil once more.
- Also remove the cream from the sides of pan and stir it.
- Further boil it for a minute.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill it approx. for 2 hrs.
- Garnish it with dry fruits.
- Serve it as chilled/hot rabri.
- Add sugar according to your sweetness.
- Don’t use thin base pan because rabri can burn.
- Add dry fruits according to you to increase it’s richness and flavour.